Saturday, June 30, 2012

Craft Wars {Family Style}

My daughter begged to play Craft Wars after watching TLC's Craft Wars on the DVR today....so I came up with our own version.

First I gave the assignment.  The troops would have to create a monster using a paper bag and whatever supplies they could gather in five minutes.

Next they had 15 minutes to create their monsters.  I decided to add a one minute break in the middle to gather any additional supplies they might need.  Here are the troops hard at work:

My youngest daughter:


My oldest daughter:



My son:



We even put my mom to work!




After much excitement and the countdown courtesy of the oven timer....here are the final results:

Points for crossed eyes and drawing skills.




Points for evil red eyes and hair sticking up.


Points for working with extra equipment in his mouth and free form drawing.


Points for hair accessories and making a puppet.


And I guess my mom wanted extra credit for doing the back of the bad as well....



So you can see my dilemma.  All very talented contestants.  In true mom fashion--I called a tie.  And then we went on to melt some plastic in the oven.  But I'm saving that craft for another post.

Until next time,
Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment