Sunday, April 1, 2012

Heart bookmark {Stash Buster Sunday}

My daughter loves to read!  And I love to encourage that habit!

As a first grader--nearly second grader now, gasp!--she has started reading chapter books.  I figured it was time to make some bookmarks for her....




This one was based on my beach card from the other day.  But instead of making 'beach' paper, this paper is printed to look like sand.  Also I used White Daisy pigment ink and a Sponge Dauber to add the 'foam' to the surf.  



The possibilities are endless.  You can make them any size.  I choose to use back-to-back CS for the base to make them more durable.  Then finish off the front.  You can add a tassel of ribbon or yarn to the top, but I usually keep embellishments flat since they are supposed to fit in a book.  :)

Happy April Fools!!
Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment