Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pinwheel {Stash Buster Sunday}

I'm back this week, courtesy of my middle child, who asked me to make a pinwheel.  She ran up to me a few days ago screaming (as is her style) that she wanted to make a pinwheel.  Something I'm sure she had seen on a cartoon.

Hmm.  A pinwheel.  I knew what they looked like, but I was a little mixed up in my head about how to actually fold a paper into the shape of one.  So I did what any self respecting mom would do.  I googled it.

And it's really very simple.  You just need a square of paper--any pattern of your choice and a brad.  I've got plenty of both.


Here's what I did.  I folded a sheet of 12x12 paper corner to corner, both ways.  This makes an 'x' shape on the paper.  Then I cut along the lines from corner to center stopping a couple of inches from the actual center.


Fold in the right side of each cut to the center.  You'll need to use a piercing tool to make holes in each folded over tip for the brad and one in the center also.



If these instructions are clear as mud, just google it.  I'm sure someone can explain it easier.  :)  Here's the finished project...



And because I was trying to use up more paper....



These were 10x10 and 8x8 squares.  I wanted to see how they would look hanging up.  So I staged a photo shoot with LaLaLoopsey...



Loopsy rolled her eyes at me, but I thought they looked cute.  And how adorable would they be in a nursery?  Not that I'm planning that mind you!

Until next time!
Meredith

Bonus:  I also just found THIS link of some cute pinwheels as Christmas decor--so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment