Monday, March 19, 2012

Key To My Heart

While rearranging the scrap stuff, I went though all of my CTMH papers and stamps from when I was a consultant a few years ago.  Oh I have TONS of stuff too--and it's all still beautiful.    One of my favorites was a promotional kit called Key to My Heart.  It had a beautiful "E" size stamp set.

Of course I had all my new kit stuff still out on my table, so I decided to combine a little.  I wanted to try the new die-cut cards (Z1738).  I also had one of the stamps from my Art Philosophy kit out.

This is the fold over flap of the tri-fold card.


I wanted to use the flourish stamp in the Key to my Heart set to decorate it.  It is a very large almost L-shaped stamp.  So to cover the area I needed to stamp part of it....



Then I inked another part of the stamp to cover that bit that is empty there in the corner.



With that done, I covered the outside flap with some patterned paper, and inked the edges with Cocoa ink and a Sponge Dauber.  I used cocoa ink to stamp a keyhole and flourish from my new stamp set as a little embellishment to the flap.

My next task was to make a cut out key.  I inked the key with Juniper ink.  I stamped it one time on scratch paper, and then without re-inking I stamped it onto my Colonial White cardstock.  This technique is called second generation stamping.   I cut it out with the Micro Tip Scissors and again used the cocoa ink to distress the edges.



For the inside I stamped the sentiment with Creme Brulee ink (which happens to be my all time favorite ink color!)  I inked the heart image with Juniper ink and then stamped off on scratch paper.




 I used the dauber in Cocoa ink to ink the edges of the stamp....



Then I stamped it onto Colonial White cs, cut it out and used foam dot adhesives to pop it up off the base.


For a final touch I added a bit of cream ribbon to the key and adhered it to the front of the card.




Here's the inside...


Whew!  This post took longer to create than the card!

NOTE:  While I used a retired set, you can find a key stamp and flourish stamps in the current catalog.

Happy Stamping!
Meredith


2 comments:

  1. I love the card Meredith! I like your blog too. I makes me hopeful that I can get something started. :)

    ReplyDelete