Saturday, March 24, 2012

These Moments {using Stella papers}

It's really been a very long time since I've done a scrapbook layout.  But today I have the first of hopefully many for you!

I had some pictures of my kids that were beautiful and colorful.  Normally that presents quite a challenge, but I tried to bring out some colors in their clothes with the papers, and then pair it with a healthy dose of neutrals to keep it from getting out of hand.

Left:


I used a couple of techniques on the left page.  Random stamping--{using one (or more) stamps to make a random pattern over the paper}.  In this instance I used tone-on-tone, Goldrush Ink over Goldrush CS.  I also roughed up the edges of the paper using the Edge Distresser.  This technique takes a little practice, but once you get the hang of it, it will be a tool you use over and over.

Right:


I also used the Edge Distresser on the Goldrush CS that frames the pictures.  It gives so much texture to the page and helps the photos leap off the page!

A side by side view:


It's a simple layout, but I'm just getting my feet wet with again.  Here's a couple of details of the texture...



See you soon!
Meredith


Supplies: {All CTMH unless noted}

Papers: Stella PP, Cocoa CS, Goldrush CS, Heavenly Blue CS
Stamps: Just for You (B1398)
Ink: Goldrush
Other:  Stella Compliments Canvas Shapes, Edge Distresser, adhesive

**You can find all current CTMH supplies at my website which is linked on the sidebar.** 

No comments:

Post a Comment