Sunday, March 18, 2012

Stash Buster Sunday

I was recently re-organizing my scrapbook room and noticed that, like most scrapbookers, I have entirely too many supplies that I don't use.  Now usually on this blog I will be posting CTMH stuff.  It's just easier for me to work with CTMH because the entire line/colors all match!  But I decided that I really would like to use up all that 'other' paper that I've accumulated through the 10+ years I've been a papercrafter.  So I thought 'Why not devote one day a week to busting up that stash??'


Here's my first contribution to Stash Buster Sunday!

I started with this beautiful paper.  I have no idea how long I've had it.  It's one of those papers that stays in my stash because...it's just too pretty to cut up.  Please tell me you can relate to this ridiculousness.



I decided that I would make an envelope out of it.  I used a white 4x5.5 envelope as a template.  I simply pulled it open.



I moved the template around until I was covering an area of the patterned paper I wanted to be the envelope.  Then I traced around it using a pencil.  I cut it out using CTMH's Micro-Tip Scissors (Z534).  They really are the very best scissors, especially for fussy cuts.  Then I used the scoring blade in my papercutter to score the lines between the corners.  Be sure you place the paper pattern side down so that the envelope folds the right way!

For a finishing detail I used my well loved Sponge Dauber (Z726) dipped in Chocolate Ink (Z2111) to add some depth and distressing to the edges of the envelope.



After sponging the outside edges, I folded them in and sponged the scored edges.



To finish the envelope, I used Bonding Memories Broad Tip Glue Pen (1512) because it's what I had on hand, but the smaller tip would have probably worked easier (Z553).  Here's the finished envelope....




And to just use up the last of that paper, I cut one of the leftover roses out, inked the edges, and stuck it on a piece of cream cardstock from my stash cut to fit the envelope.  Now I have a cute little set!



This is a great way to make something useful out of that paper sitting in no man's land in your stash!

Until next time,
Meredith



No comments:

Post a Comment