Friday, July 20, 2012

Deepest Sympathy {Pemberly}

When I made this card, the day was overcast and rainy.  It makes for a cozy afternoon and maybe the deary skies led me to make a sympathy card.  I tend to steer clear of dark colors for sympathy cards, but at the same time I wouldn't go overly bright.  Enter the Pemberly papers.  Perfect colors!


I tried something new on this card.  I used an X-acto knife to cut portions of the B&T and then popped the pieces up with foam tape.
  


I think if I had a sewing machine set up I would have tried some stitching on this one.  It just seems like it would have worked here.  


I also chose a larger size card.  I think most people usually like to write something special in a sympathy card so I left it blank and open.


See you soon,
Meredith


Supplies:  All CTMH unless noted
Paper:  Pemberly B&T, Vanilla Cream CS
Ink:  Desert Sand
Stamps:  Card Chatter-Sympathy (D1476)

Other:  Sponge Dauber, foam tape, Opaques Licorice, X-acto knife (Harbor Freight Tools)






No comments:

Post a Comment