Monday, July 2, 2012

Waffles for Dinner!

One of my favorite dinners is breakfast.  And my most favorite is homemade waffles...and if I happen to have homemade deer sausage to go with it....yum!


The other night we did just that.

Here's my waffle recipe (taken from a very old cookbook):

Everyday Waffles


1 3/4 c sifted all-purpose flour
3 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 egg yolks, beaten
1 3/4 c milk
1/2 c salad oil or melted shortening
2 egg whites, stiffly beaten


Sift together dry ingredients.  Combine yolks, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients.  Fold in egg whites, leaving a few fluffs.  Bake.  (in my iron, a 1/2 cup batter fills each side perfectly)




This last time I made these I added a dash of vanilla (about 1/2 t per doubled recipe) and it made them taste divine!!  Here's a picture of the batter with the fluffs....


And here's what the iron looks like -- ready to bake.


They really aren't that hard to make and well worth the effort!

See you soon-
Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment