Thursday, July 12, 2012

Welcome to Texas


I made this card to welcome my upline to Texas.  I rubbed an ink pad over the embossed piece to create the wood grain.  It may not show in the picture, but I raised the star on a foam dot, bent the star points from center to point and then sanded the raised area to distress it.  How fortunate was it that I ordered Born to Ride and it had that barbed wire stamp on it?!?


I am including a local cookbook (from my daughter's school that I had the pleasure of being on the committee to create) and a Tervis tumbler that has the state flag and barbed wire on it.  I'm hoping she'll like the souvenir!

Off to pack (since this post was typed Tuesday but I scheduled it to post Thursday)
Meredith

Supplies:  All CTMH unless noted
Paper:  Desert Sand CS, Cranberry CS, Bamboo CS
Ink:  Cranberry, Chocolate, Moonstruck
Stamps:  Star Struck (D1237), Born to Ride (C1483), Around the Block (D1377)
Other: Paper Studio embossing folder, Antique Copper brads, sanding block, foam dot


No comments:

Post a Comment